Flack Global Metals is looking to add an Operations Associate to our team in our Cleveland, Ohio office. Operations Associates will provide administrative support to the organization while learning the fundamentals of each Operations department and Accounting as part of our rotational training program.
THIS ROLE MAY BE A FIT IF:
You are a passionate, enterprising person looking to learn and grow in an exciting field.
You are energized by a fast-paced environment.
You are comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
You are a natural born problem solver.
You enjoy challenging yourself, both personally and professionally.
Through our Operations training program, you will gain a holistic understanding of our business, learning the following functional areas: Inventory, Purchasing, Quality, Production, Logistics and Supply Chain, Customer Service (Account Management), and Accounting. In addition to learning these technical areas, you will be actively supported as you drive your personal and professional growth.
As an Operations Associate at FGM, you are responsible for providing administrative support to the Operations team, including data entry, document management, and researching and resolving discrepancies.
SKILLS LEARNED/ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential skills and responsibilities learned during this program include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Enter mill purchase orders and report inventory against purchase and transfer orders
• Facilitate the flow of information and documentation related to vendor shipments
• Maintain and distribute shipping documents
• Obtain and review status reports and ready-to-ship reports
• Verify Supplier Order Acknowledgments/Confirmations
• Review inventory reports and reconcile inventory
• Classify, retrieve and distribute documents from OnBase
• Create and send material releases and prepare shipments for invoicing
• Enter sales orders, send order acknowledgments and terms and conditions of the sale to confirm the agreed-upon specifications
• Accurately enter processing orders and report finished goods to ensure availability
• Cost effectively negotiate flatbed, container and LTL trucking rates for both spot and contract business
• Track shipments from pick up to delivery, notify appropriate parties of all shipment details
• Accurately enter purchase orders to transportation vendors
• Gather and interpret facts related to non-conformance claims from customers and vendors
• Analyze and distribute quality-related data to aid in identifying improvement opportunities
• Enter A/P invoices to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
• Timely collection and application of payments
• Assist in Bank and GAAP audits
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• Associate’s degree plus 1-2 years’ professional work experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business-related field preferred
• Heightened sense of urgency to work proactively in a fast-paced environment
• Customer orientation and the ability to respond to different personalities
• Resourcefulness and initiative in problem solving
• Effective, concise communication in person, on the phone, and in writing
• Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and execute under dynamic time constraint
• Comfort bringing issues to light, asking questions, and driving resolution
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to excel both in a team environment and as an individual contributor
• Experience in the steel or metal industry or service center industry preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 /yr