Supply Chain Coordinator
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain
WHAT’S IN A ROLE?
As the Supply Chain Coordinator, you are responsible for the efficient management of the flow of goods from the point of origin to point of consumption.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Collaborate with Director of Supply Chain and Sales Executives for the most cost effective logistics and supply chain solutions
- Negotiate transportation rates and services to improve supply chain efficiency and sustainability
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirement
- Track and trace all shipments to provide daily updates to Operations department
- Develop and maintain relationships with logistics and warehouse vendors
- Book inbound shipments, enter purchase orders, and track status through to delivery. Update ERP system and/or reports at each step
- Proactively communicate with internal departments regarding status and issues
- Analyze all aspects of supply chain logistics to determine the most cost effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
- Collaborate with the Purchasing department to forecast supply chain needs
- Prepare and maintain metrics, reports, and process documentation
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Locate, research and evaluate potential new suppliers, partners, and modes of transportation
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- 2+ years’ experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or Purchasing OR Bachelor’s in Supply Chain or related field
- Initiative and heightened sense of urgency to work proactively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong math skills
- Resourcefulness and creativity in problem solving
- Effective, concise communication in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and execute on multiple tasks under dynamic time constraints
- Comfort with bringing potential issues to light and challenging the status quo
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, and Excel. ERP experience a plus. High level of comfort with technology.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also excel and contribute as an individual
- Experience in the steel or metal industry or service center industry preferred
SPHERE OF INTERACTION
This role includes interaction with all staff and leadership as well as the following:
This position has no supervisory responsibility.