Job Title: Payroll/HR Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approved Date: 05/10/2019
Flack Global Metals is looking to hire a Payroll/HR Coordinator in our Scottsdale office. We are looking for a hardworking, detail oriented and reliable problem solver that wants to be part of a rapidly growing and market changing company
Our model at Flack is that you make your future what you want it to be and encourage motivated self-starters to excel at Flack.
Flack Global Metals is the next generation service center and is an exciting place to begin or continue your career. This role will coordinate, direct and control payroll preparation, processing and distribution for less than 75 employees within our nine-state operation and requires a payroll professional with superior analytical skills and a strong sense of project ownership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains payroll data, both hard copy and within 3rd party payroll provider.
- Responsible for computing, withholding, and deductions associated with net earnings.
- Reviews employee time cards for accuracy based on their employment status and coordinates with supervisors as needed
- Requires accountability to both human resources and finance departments
- Communicates with the HR department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes. Makes updates as necessary.
- Research and resolves questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as PTO and ESL, banking, employment verification, workers compensation, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, other changes
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements and interpret new legislation impacting payroll practices and processes.
- Processing of garnishments, wage withholding orders.
- Enter, post, and reconcile bi-monthly payroll entries.
- Research and resolve payroll issues with employees.
- Manage W-2 process with 3rd party payroll company.
- Assist in special HR coordination projects
- Onboard and offboard employees to our group benefits plans.
- Monitor the accurate processing of staff hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Paid time off tracking, accruals, and generating related reports.
- Working within a team environment to achieve project milestones and deadlines.
- Process benefits open enrollment annually, for new hires and status changes. Along with updating the benefits sites with changes and corrections.
- Monitoring the employees 401(k) limits, loans, transactions processed automatically or manually.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and ensures they are compliant based on the company guidelines before processing for payment.
This position has no supervisory responsibility
Sphere of Interaction
This position interacts and interfaces with all staff and leadership as well as:
- Government agencies
Education and/or Experience
Some college, 2 years’ experience payroll processing (hourly and salary), knowledge of applicable local state and federal rules and laws. Understanding of payroll taxes, in-depth knowledge, and experience of payroll calculations/processing and accounting principles applicable to journal entries. Experience working with a 3rd party payroll provider. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including advanced knowledge of Excel. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent written and communication skills.
Certified Payroll Professional designation and an undergraduate degree would be preferred.