Department: Executive Office
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Travel: Minimum[Reporting to the Chief of Staff]
WHAT’S IN A ROLE?
At Flack Global Metals (FGM), our values are central to our culture – Transparency, Validation, Affinity for Risk, Relentless Learning, Thoughtful Disagreement, and Persistence/Resilience. As an Administrative Assistant at FGM, you will work on behalf of the CEO and other C-Suite stakeholders. We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated, and detailed oriented individual with excellent written and oral communication skills that wants to be part of a growing and innovative company. Our culture at Flack Global Metals is that you make your future what you want it to be and we encourage motivated self-starters to excel and grow. FGM is the next generation service center, it is an exciting place to begin or continue your career.
LET’S TALK ABOUT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide real-time scheduling support for the CEO by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Provide general assistance and organizational support on a daily basis to include booking travel, scheduling Executive meetings, day-to-day interaction and facilitation of internal and external requests.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff to write reports and provide status of major projects, assignments, and general operations.
- Assist in facilitating communications, planning events, distributing information, drafting agendas and recording or preparing final minutes.
- Perform general clericalduties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Coordinate and plan all-staff meetings and off-sites, including travel logistics, agenda preparation, and corporate presentations.
- Create spreadsheets and slides, charts, visual representations, and diagrams.
- Handle requests for information and data – ensuring confidentiality when appropriate.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Maintain appropriate office supply inventories.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Set-up, maintain, and optimize company pages within preferred social media and recruiting platforms.
- Implement ongoing process improvements using technology and best practices to increase the effectiveness of the Executive Office Operations.
- Execute special projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Associate’s degree
- 3-5 years executive, administrative, project management, and/or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years social media experience preferred
- Experience booking travel (flights, hotels, etc.) and working with Executive schedules
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Sales Support Rep
Location: Cleveland, OH
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Reporting to the Commercial Operations Manager
WHAT’S IN A ROLE?
Flack Global Metals is an innovative metal service center with a unique business model and culture. Our values – Transparency, Validation, Affinity for Risk, Relentless Learning, Thoughtful Disagreement, and Persistence/Resilience – are central to that culture. Our team members have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the organization’s performance and will receive organizational support that recognizes taking initiative in driving personal growth and development.
As a Sales Support Rep, you are responsible for providing unparalleled customer service. You will act proactively to take ownership of your customer orders from beginning to end. You will work with all internal departments to meet delivery dates, manage expectations, and ensure delivery of quality product. You will actively grow your knowledge of customer needs, work collaboratively to provide informed solutions, and drive those solutions through to completion.
**THIS IS NOT A SALES POSITION**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Interact frequently and promptly with a large number of accounts on both contractual and transactional business
- Openly communicate with sales staff by relaying and requesting necessary customer information
- Recommend and initiate improvements and solutions
- Collaborate with sales executives in handling day-to-day account activity, as well as developing strategic approaches to maximize sales and profit
- Effectively determine and manage the expectations of customers, colleagues, and management
- Enter sales orders, send order acknowledgments and terms and conditions of the sale to confirm the agreed-upon specifications.
- Account for the accurate backlog, forecast, and overall net position
- Engage with the sales staff to verify cost build-ups for sales quotes to preserve the margin goals
- Work with production planning to request finished goods to fulfill the customer’s request and meet on-time delivery
- Create and send material releases, work with the logistics team to meet or exceed expected delivery dates, and prepare shipments for invoicing
- Track inventory from raw material to finished goods, ensuring metal is shipped within agreed upon times and terms
- Collaborate with the purchasing department for accurate ordering of material
- Work with the finance group for credit approval, verifying new orders are within the confines of the customer’s credit limit and not exposing the company to bad credit customers
- Work with the quality group to promptly handle customer claims
- Develop and maintain relationships with customersREQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- 3+ years’ experience in account management, inside sales, or customer service
- Some college coursework. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Initiative and heightened sense of urgency to work proactively in a fast-paced environment
- Customer orientation and the ability to respond to different personalities
- Experience in developing long-lasting customer relationships
- Resourcefulness and initiative in problem solving
- Effective, concise communication in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and execute on multiple tasks under dynamic time constraints
- Comfort with bringing potential issues to light, asking questions, and driving resolution
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also excel and contribute as an individual
- Experience in the steel or metal industry or service center industry preferred
SPHERE OF INTERACTION
This role includes interaction with all staff and leadership as well as the following:
This position has no supervisory responsibility.