Flack Metal Bank
THE POWER OF FLACK METAL BANK
Until 2022, buyers had to purchase physical inventory from FGM to take advantage of our hedging and risk management service. With Flack Metal Bank (FMB), we are separating metal supply from metal pricing for all qualified buyers, allowing them to take advantage of pricing on the forward curve for flat rolled products without disrupting their existing supply relationships.
PREMIER FERROUS MARKETS DESK IN THE WORLD
- Structured Transactions which de-risk OEMs (Patent Pending on FMB Directed Buy Structured Transactions*)
- Direct trading of HRC futures and options to qualified trading partners via CME Clearport or ISDAs
- CME market making of ferrous futures and options (currently 20% of all traded tons on the exchange)
- Risk Management of FGM Physical Business
- Environmental trading desk – handling both voluntary and compliance carbon offset credits
- Hedged Repurchase Agreements
- Commodity price risk advisory for OEMs
- Proprietary Research
WHY HEDGE WITH US
- amount our hedging business has increased since 2017
- increase in hedged tons from 2021 to 2022 alone
- percentage of all the HRC trades on the CME we were a party to in 2022
- current value of every $1 invested in our trading desk since 2017
The Flack Metal Bank (FMB) Team is the most sophisticated risk desk in the ferrous space in the world, working with our clients to match risk strategies to actual business needs. An important distinction is our collaborative approach focused on educating clients in order to grow their own internal understanding and capabilities.
Our highly-skilled team possesses hundreds of years of combined expertise in physical and financial commodity products/markets, with extensive experience at renowned commodity trading firms, commodity-focused hedge funds, futures exchanges, producers, and equipment manufacturers.
- In-depth experience trading commodities on exchanges that include NYMEX, COMEX, CME, CBOE, CBOT, ICE, LME, SGX, NYBOT, and NOS.
- Two Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) designation holders.
- One full-time economist.
- One quantitative finance expert.
OUR PROOF IS IN OUR NUMBERS
- estimated per ton savings from passively hedging the last seven years
- estimated reduction in pricing volatility from passively hedging the last seven years
- estimated per ton savings from hedging the 2020-2021 rally
- total savings over the index for hedged FGM customers in 2021