Fastmarkets 2020-Small to Midsize Service Center of the Year
PORT OF HOUSTON IS ONE OF THE LARGEST STEEL PORTS IN NORTH AMERICA. SO, IT ONLY MADE SENSE THAT WE CHOSE HOUSTON FOR OUR FIRST PHYSICAL LOCATION.
Our new service center will be located on the campus of North Shore Steel in proximity to the Port of Houston with barge, rail, and truck access. FGM Houston will service a wide array of metals products including painted hot rolled, cold rolled, galvanized, galvalume, and aluminum, as well as bare and acrylic coated galvanized and galvalume, bare aluminum, and stainless steel products. The Houston service center will enable ultimate control over logistics for FGM’s more complex supply chains, which translates to more certainty for our customers.
The facility includes 60,000 sq. ft of indoor and outdoor storage space and a state-of-the-art slitter to complement FGM’s network of vetted toll processors.
Pro Eco Slitting Line Specifications:
- 0.012” minimum up to 0.135” maximum thickness capabilities
- Up to 66” wide master coil
- 72” maximum coil OD, 30” minimum coil OD
- 20” ID or 24” ID acceptable
- 60,000 lb. maximum entry and exit coil weight
- 6,000 TPM capacity
PREPARING FOR FGM HOUSTON
- tons of steel moved through Port of Houston in Q1 2022
- Fortune 500 companies call Houston home
- in non – residential construction starts in 2021
- trucking firms operate in Houston